Loyal Subversive

Personal musings on Iraq, Civil-Military Relations, Military History, and whatever else strikes my fancy

Name:
Location: Florida

I'm a mobilized Marine Corps Reservist, with nearly 20 years combined active and reserve service. I went to a New England boarding school and attended an Ivy League college, and since I joined the Marine Corps I've associated with a better class of person. I spent 6 months in Iraq working as a civilian contractor. I'm an ABD (all but dissertation) in military history.

Thursday, February 10, 2005

First Post

On the remote chance that anyone actually reads this, I have started this blog b/c I wanted to post to someone else's blog, and this seemed the easiest way. Anyway, I called it "Loyal Subversive" because it seemed clever after 15 seconds of thought and because I have been a bit of a subversive in every organization and institution I have belonged to, in that i always thought that the accepted wisdom was flawed and that the the organization/group could do a better job.

Anyway, the comment I was going to post on warhistorian.blogspot.com was about the Ward Churchill controversy. While lot's of people are debating the issues of free speech, I just can't get over the deep impression, that, given Churchill's comments, had I been killed while I was in Iraq he would have been delighted, and he would be delighted if any of my good friends over there now got killed. Makes it hard for me to be detached.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Well, welcome to the world of blogging!

7:42 PM  
Blogger simpleton said...

Welcome to the blogosphere.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mark G. said...

Let me be the, hmm, third person to welcome your blog. I've announced its debut on my own blog, War Historian.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Anthony said...

Are you going to give us the skinny on what you're dissertation is about? I'd be interested and I imagine Mark would be too.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Филип дормер стенхоп честерфилд на свете нет ни одного мужчины который способен продолжительное время довольствоваться только душой женщины
!!!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home